The XA Kid's Poker Journal

A blog about Life, the Universe, and Everything Poker

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Short Night

Well that was over quickly. I bought in for a bit more this time, 80% of the max buy-in.

I won my first big pot with third pair. I had 97s in the BB. There was a raise and a few callers so I called as well. The flop came 9T2 and I checked. It was checked all around. The turn was a T, making a two flush. I made a smallish bet to keep the pot small OOP. I had calls in 2 places. The river was a rainbow Ace. I decide to check, the one guy I was worried about checked and the 2nd caller made a large bet. I thought about it and I knew he didn't have the T and I was only worried about the Ace. His bet was weird and didn't make sense. He couldn't rule me out from having a T and I would have expected a smaller bet with an Ace. I decided to call, the other guy folded, and my pair was good. So I had some momentum going with me.

I then took out AK and 76p with AA. The AK reraised all-in (60% of the buy-in), I called and the 67o overcalled. He even said what he had before the flop. It came K64, I pushed and he called (I had him covered by a bit). It went brick, brick and I won the pot. I'm running hot with Aces, they haven't been cracked at this club.

The next big hand was with KJh in the BB. There were a few limpers. I was the biggest stack at the table with another guy not far behind. I checked my option and I saw a flop of Th2hAd. I bet out and was min-raised by the other large stack. I call and see a black Q on the turn. I check raise, he moves in and I insta-call. He shows QT (lol) and the river pairs...the 2. We're moved to another table as we were fairly short handed. I get my stack up some more and I realize that I have well over half the money at the table. I play another round and call it quits.

Art (the guy I talked about before) was at this table and was trying to talk me into tilt. Man did he try. I nearly broke up laughing, but I just kept my cool and joked around with him, trying to keep it friendly. It's funny, he's trying to tilt me, but I've clearly set him on perma-tilt.

I think my total session lasted a bit less than three hours and I was getting close to breaking the room. Not a bad night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home